Thursday, January 7, 2010

Won’t You Take Me to Funkytown?

Right now I’m stuck in Funktown, but I need to go to a “town to keep me movin’, keep me groovin’ with some energy.” OK, corny, I know, but I couldn’t help. But I have been in a real funk lately. I had a great week last week and now I’m just blah. I’m not sure if it’s because the excitement of the holidays is over, there’s not a holiday to be off of work until Memorial Day, or what the deal is. All I know is I need to make some changes in my life, which brings me to New Year’s Resolutions.


To be honest, I hate New Year’s Resolutions because people procrastinate and put off their goals until a new year rolls around and then half the time never do anything about it! If you want to make a change, don’t wait for a new year to roll around! Make it happen! But for argument’s sake and since it is a new year, we will call my goals New Year’s Resolutions…


Be more social. I really need to start going out more often. I feel like I have been isolating myself. I enjoy sleep more than going out, but that’s not healthy for anyone! I’m young and need to go out! How am I supposed to meet new people if I stay in my apartment all of the time?


Try new things. A couple months ago I joined the Facebook group Young Professionals of Chicago. I get messages and invitations to events all of the time, but have I gone to any? No. It’s a great way to network and meet people around my age.


And remember that entry I posted in August about all of the things I want to do while living in the city? Haven’t gotten on that either…


I’ve also been dying to take some classes…whether it’s writing, cooking, exercise, whatever! I want to put myself out there and figure out what I love doing!


Get healthy. And I don’t just mean “lose 25 pounds.” Right now is when everyone gets on their diet and workout kicks for a month and then go back to eating poorly and lazy again. Not only do I need to get to the gym and start eating healthier, but I need to start taking vitamins too!


Vacation. I haven’t been on vacation in almost 2 years! At one point, I had gone to NY 4 times in 13 months! Now I’m going through vacation withdrawals and need to get away! I can’t afford to lose my sanity anymore than I already have!


What are some things you plan to accomplish?

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I could have wrote this blog. I am in a funk also and really feel like I also need to be more social and meet more people. I've also been members of all these young professionals groups but I've never had the guts to go to anything alone. Ir's really funny how similar our situations are. I'm working on my weight also. I haven't vacation in years and that is on the top of my list of goals this year. I have to pull myself away from work a little more and create a social life before I leave my 20s!! Good luck on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm in a funk too!!!! I made a lot of the same resolutions as you. Cheers to 2010 being brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. It's me Danielle from NY!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete