Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Balancing Act

Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don't go so fast
I'm missing the moments as they pass
-Time, Chantel Kreviazuk

Today's post is about time management, but let me first start off with: Where did the time go? And how have I not blogged since January 7th? I know I'm not an avid blogger, but I usually don't try to go so long without a post! Especially since I had 3 comments on my last post!! Thanks!!!

Anyways, back to the main point of this entry. Yesterday I finally sucked it up and joined a gym. I've put on about 25 pounds since I graduated college (EEK!) and have probably worked out 5 times in the past couple years. Not only am I going to continue to get fat if I don't do something about it, but it's also really unhealthy! But back to my real point...

So, I walk over to a gym a few blocks away from work and signed the paperwork, which was pretty quick and harmless (I joined the gym over the summer - and never went - so no need for a walk through and all that jazz). I head to the lockeroom and change and head to the cardio room. I spend an hour on the Elliptical Cross Trainer and decide I'm not going to push myself any harder since it's my first day back to the gym after 2 or so years. By the time I got home, it was 7:30 and I still had to cook dinner. And I began thinking, How do people balance their time?

I'm not very active during the week. I leave for work around 7:45 am and get home from work around 6:30ish. Then it's time to plop on the couch and watch TV. My question is, how do people who have kids, significant others, etc. balance their time? I was exhausted when I came home from the gym and was asleep by 9. And going to the gym early in the morning before work is not an option for me. My sleep is too precious. And I'm a crabby bitch if I don't get enough sleep -- so even if I look hot in a bikini thanks to my morning gym sessions, no one is going to want to date me because my personality will be ugly!

I would like to make a schedule for myself for gym days, tanning days, hanging out with friends, etc., but I feel like things change on a regular basis that it's almost hard to pencil these sort of things in.

So 2 questions for YOU!
  • What do you do to manage your time and things in your life better?
  • If you had all of the time in the world, what are some things you would do more often?

Here's my list of things I wish I had more time for (and if money weren't an issue):

  • Go back to school full-time
  • Work out everyday
  • Take dance classes
  • Learn to box
  • Write more (I like to write stories)
  • Read more
  • Write a business plan...and start my own business!

No comments:

Post a Comment