Monday, September 21, 2009

And You Got Married Why?


As long as I could remember, I've always wanted to get married and have babies. When I started college my plan was to date someone throughout college, graduate and get engaged, be engaged for a year, and then be married by the time I was 23. Clearly, that hasn't happened considering I just turned 24. Surprisingly enough, I am OK with that. If I would have gotten engaged around 21 or 22, I highly doubt I would have remained engaged or married to that person for the simple fact that I was still growing up and learning who I am. But that also doesn't mean that I don't hope to meet the man of my dreams sometime soon. :-)

Maybe you shouldn't be married if...

Just because you get pregnant/get someone pregnant does not mean you have to get married. OK, so you're not married and you got pregnant/got someone pregnant. Yes, that's complicated and stressful. But why complicate things even further by getting married?! If you love the person, go for it, but do not marry someone just because you have a bun in the oven/knocked someone up.

Second semester of my senior year of college, one of my girlfriends set me up with a friend of hers. He was just my type: Italian, good looking, and last, but certainly not least: a deuschbag. We talked on and off for about a year and a half and then I just had enough. Well, about a month ago. I met up with my friend whom I haven't seen since graduation. We were talking and she asked me if I still talk to Mr. Deuschbag. I responded no and proceeded to tell her what happened. She was surprised by everything and her sister chimed in with, "You're better off, he's going to be a Daddy!"

Mind you, this man can barely wipe his own ass let alone take care of a baby! My friend told me the gossip she had heard about the situation. Apparently, Mr. Deuschbag asked one of his friends, "Do I gotta marry her?" His friend responded with, "Well, if you care about her and want to live together and raise a family you can, but you don't have to." Mr. Deuschbag responded with, "Well, she has insurance." Lovely. Don't we all wish we had a man as romantic as him?

If you have a crush on someone and hate anyone who talks to him. I was recently told by my best friend that a girl we know does not like me because I was talking and flirting with a guy we all know. YOU ARE MARRIED!! YOU SHOULD NOT CARE!! AND IF YOU DO, MAYBE YOU SHOULD NOT BE MARRIED! Yes, the guy is good looking. Yes, I was flirting. But honestly, just because I'm flirting with someone does not mean I'm interested. And just because we were flirting does not mean anything happened! We flirted and talked at a get together, went to another bar for drinks (where I had other friends there), and he drove me to my car. We ended the night with a hug. I think someone not liking me for that reason as absolutely ludicrous! SERIOUSLY?!

If you are grabbing girls' butts. Last week I met up with a friend for a few after work cocktails. We only work a few blocks from each other and there was an Oktoberfest celebration going on nearby. My friend was with a couple of his co-workers and invited a few other friends who work nearby as well. One of his co-workers was married, but clearly his wife and child at home did not stop him from grabbing 2 of the girls' butts. After he did so, they both shot him a look. My big mouth proceeded to say, "Hey! Isn't that a ring on your finger?" He replied, "Yeah, so what?" SO WHAT?! It is one thing to innocently flirt with a woman, but to touch and grab is a no no! After I called him out, he moved onto hitting on me. I know I just said innocently flirting is OK, but there is a limit to it. It is hard to offend me, but when you offend me and make me completely uncomfortable, you've drawn the line. And then I proceed to make you look like a fool by yelling, "B, get him away from me or I'm going to punch him!"

I understand, not everyone is perfect. I'm by no means perfect and have effed up in relationships a countless number of times. However, if you're not ready to be in a committed relationship and get your act together, maybe you're not ready to be married. Since I've never been married, I'm no expert on the issue, but I do know that you shouldn't marry someone because of their benefits, got them preggers, are in love with someone else, or like grabbing women's tooshes...

No comments:

Post a Comment