Monday, November 16, 2009

Music is what feelings sound like

Over the weekend I went to Bed Bath & Beyond to pick something up. When I was waiting in line to pay, I was looking at the pictures for sale. One caught my eye and made me think about how true it is – “Music is what feelings sound like.” I could not agree more. I always say I can find a quote or lyric that represents the way I feel at that particular moment. Sometimes when we can’t put our feelings into words, a song can do it for us.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about an ex-boyfriend and all of the things I would like to say to him given the opportunity. I feel like there are a lot of songs out there that could say it better than I could. Too bad it’s not cool to make mix tapes for people anymore. :-) If there were, here is what my playlist would consist of:

White Flag by Dido


All the Way Around by Ali Lohan (yes, I publicly admitted to that…hopefully this won’t affect what little credibility I may have :-))


So Far Away by Nickelback


Right Here by Staind


Cold by Crossfade


If I Had the Chance by Cynthia


I Want You Back by N Sync (not as bad as the Ali Lohan song LOL)


What Hurts the Most by Cascada

1 comment:

  1. I admire your honesty.

    And just a little secret, I kind of like "all the way around" by Ali Lohan too. Shhh...don't tell. :)

    ReplyDelete