Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love is...

As a teenager, I loved the "Love is..." comics. In high school I worked at a library and we kept the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times on a counter at the front desk. I would always go through the Sun-Times to read my horoscope and the Love is... comic before I left work.


A couple weeks ago I was standing at a co-worker's desk and he had the Sun-Times. We were looking for the horoscopes to take a mini mental break when we passed the Love is... of the day: "Love is...comforting."

"Oh God," was my response.

I thought it was really corny and kept flipping through the paper to look for the horoscopes section (which had horoscopes by 2 different people that couldn't be more different from each other).

Well, I spoke too soon with my comment and rolling of the eyes when I saw the comic.

I ended up having a rough day at work and was exhausted by the end of the day. I drove to work and was driving down Lakeshore Drive when I thought about how much I wished I had a boyfriend to go home to that night. Just someone to relax with and snuggle. And then I thought, "Love really is comforting."

My family and friends know I would love to be in a relationship (as I'm sure some of you might have gotten that impression too if you've read past blog posts ). However, I am fine with being single and I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy. In fact, I have grown up a lot and learned a lot about life and myself over the past few years. But I'm not going to lie, having a boyfriend wouldn't be too shabby either.

I have great friends and family who I know I can talk to about anything, call up to hang out, etc. But there's just something about being in a relationship that's just...comforting.

The only other living being that can cheer me up and I enjoy cuddling with is our family dog.




Maybe I should just get a dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment